Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Shoutout to Seventeen Magazine

My favorite magazine is Seventeen. It features makeup trends, fashion styles, and inside scoops of the featured cover person. However; this month I wasn't too impressed with the fashion ideas in the section "Endless Summer." Mainly because page 165 features a headband that is $138 from the website janetran.com, I looked up the website and they are a bit pricy. Still, I do not think it is reasonable to feature a headband that is so expensive. I would only spend that much money on an item if I got regular use out of it. This headband doesn't match many of my outfits; therefore, I would only wear it a few times a month.
In other news, Seventeen featured an article about swag. I really like how they expand beyond makeup and fashion and have relevant life style sections.
"Swag is Dead!"
featured in Seventeen magazine
Do you think the term "swag" is no longer relevant? Personally I am tired of hearing this word being thrown around, also I am over "yolo." You only live once, seems like a crazy excuse to act in a crazy manner. Besides, that term got its fair share of profit, I have seen plenty of bumperstickers and posters featuring it. What do you think? What words/ phrases are over used?

No comments:

Post a Comment